2 cups of packed arugula leaves
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1. Brown 5 cloves of garlic in a pan on medium high heat for about 10 minutes or until peel is lightly browned.
2. Remove from pan, let cool, and remove peel.
3. Toast walnuts in pan on medium heat until lightly brown, for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Combine arugula, walnuts, roasted and minced garlic in a food processor while drizzling olive oil into the processor.
5. Remove contents from processor, put into a bowl, and mix in parmesan.
Mix with pasta of any choice, adding a little bit of water or olive oil so the pesto can coat the pasta more evenly.
Ex. Arugula Pesto Salmon Pasta w/ Shaved Parmesan & Toasted Breadcrumbs (can replace with pine nuts)